Nonprofit Professional, “No Box” Critical Thinker, Founder & President at Black Cooperative Investment Fund (BCIF)
• Catalytic force behind California’s only 501(c)3 nonprofit, community-based microlending organization that focuses specifically on the Black community in Southern California.
• Principal Consultant for NEX-Impact, a management consulting group that provides relevant and culturally competent capacity building, coaching, and technical assistance services to nonprofit organizations and helps social investors better engage and support nonprofits. Also serves as a trainer for The Grantsmanship Center.
• Brings various perspectives to the social impact arena: “no box” critical thinker, service provider, concerned citizen, and lifelong L.A. resident. These qualities position him as a unique and compelling voice across various L.A. communities, and beyond.
• Almost 25 years of professional experience working in philanthropy and the nonprofit human and social services sector in various capacities. His work has been featured in Exceptional People Magazine, Time Warner Cable, Huffington Post, and other media outlets.
• Currently serves on the board of directors for Hathaway-Sycamores Child and Family Services, serves on the Board of Advisors for Goodwill Southern California, the program committee for the African-American Board Leadership Institute (AABLI), and a former KCET Community Advisory Board (CAB) member.
• Prior to serving at BCIF and NEX-Impact, Robert served as a program director/officer at the California Community Foundation (CCF) where he was the architect of the landmark BLOOM Initiative focused on re-directing justice system involved Black male youth toward improved employment and educational opportunities. He also managed CCF’s grantmaking portfolios in a variety of areas.